Square Baby Commits to 100% Veggie-Forward Meals
We are introducing new meals to provide even more veggie-forward, low-sugar, and savory meals!
“Square Baby has always been committed to balanced nutrition with veggies at the forefront. In fact, our Square Meal System offers a foolproof way to provide 100% of baby’s daily recommended servings of veggies, fruit, whole grains and protein — based on USDA Birth to 24 Guidelines and AAP recommendations,” says Katie Thomson MS, RDN, Cofounder & CEO of Square Baby.
Shaping Early Palates and Veggies Early and Often Campaigns
As founding members of Partnership for a Healthier America’s “Shaping Early Palates” initiative and the “Veggies Early and Often” campaign, we are joining forces with other baby food companies, experts, physicians, and stakeholders to raise the bar in infant nutrition.
“We are excited to announce that we will be reformulating a majority of our meals and introducing new meals to provide even more veggie-forward, low-sugar, and savory meals. ”
A few exciting updates
We've been busy working our fannies off to share with you a few exciting updates!
Highlights We’re Super Proud to Share:
- Our menu will evolve from 57% to 100% of meals meeting PHA’s Veggie Icon.
- Veggies will ALWAYS be the primary ingredient in every Square Meal.
- We will remove all 3 of our Single Ingredient fruit purees: Lil Peach, Lil Mango, and Lil Pear.
- We will introduce at least 3 new meals that are at least 95% veggies!
- 74% of our recipes will be reformulated to increase their veggie percentage!
Introducing veggies can be challenging, but we are here to make it a lot easier. That's why we are committing to 100% veggie-forward meals.
Benefits of Introducing Veggies Early and Often:
- Set Baby Up for a Healthy, Happy Life: Diets rich in fruits and vegetable, especially green veggies, can help prevent chronic diseases and support weight management.
- Build Healthy Eating Patterns: The first 1000 days of life are a critical period for the development of healthy taste preferences and dietary patterns.
- Kids CAN Grow to Love Veggies: Children are born with preferences for sweet and salty tastes, but not for the bitter, umami, or even spicy tastes of veggies. But early exposure to veggies helps baby shape their taste preferences.
- Early Veggie Variety is Key to Raising Adventurous Eater: Don’t just offer sweet potatoes, corn, peas, and carrots. Offering a diverse array of veggies like beets, spinach, broccoli, green beans, squashes, kale, and even herbs will help babe become a lil foodie!
Read more about the research and science behind Veggies Early and Often in this white paper published by PHA.
Veggies Early & Often Campaign
Parent, Caregiver & Medical Professional Infographic
Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions by emailing us at email@example.com or visiting Square Baby.
For support or FAQs, please visit us here!
~Katie and Kendall, cofounder