Last Revised Date: January 24, 2023
Collection of Personal Data.
Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect personal data when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you register for membership or communicate with us. Personal data you may provide to us through the Platform or otherwise may include:
- Contact Details, including real name, alias, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, chats, or otherwise.
- Marketing Preferences, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Payment and Transactional Data, such as the information needed to complete your orders and registrations on or through the Platform (i.e., name, credit card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and information about Products you have purchased from us. All payment processing services connected with your use of the Platform are provided to you by our third-party payment processors. Square Baby does not access or store information related to credit cards, banking information, or other sensitive financial information.
- Account and Profile Data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us and any information you store in your account, such as the name, age, and dietary restrictions of your child(ren).
- Sweepstakes and Survey Responses, such as the answers you provide to our questionnaires, surveys, sweepstakes, or contests.
Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal data for use on the Platform.
- Personal Data from Third Parties. We may obtain personal data about you from third parties, such as social media platforms, service providers, advertising partners, data analytics partners, event sponsors, publicly available sources, or data providers. We may merge or combine such personal data with the personal data we collect from you directly or automatically.
Personal Data Collected Automatically. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Platform and other websites and online services, such as:
- Device Data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online Activity Data, such as login frequency, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Like many online services, we use the following technologies to facilitate some of our automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Session replay technologies, which are third-party software used to record a video replay of users’ interactions with the Platform. The video replay may include users’ clicks, mouse movements, scrolls, mobile app touches, typing, and other activity taken during the session. We use these replays for research and development purposes, such as to help us troubleshoot problems with the Platform, understand how users interact with and use the Platform, and identify areas for improvement.
- Personal Data about Others. Users of the Platform may have the opportunity to refer other contacts or us. Please do not submit any personal data about another person without their permission to do so.
- Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect personal data when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you register for membership or communicate with us. Personal data you may provide to us through the Platform or otherwise may include:
Use of Personal Data.
To Provide our Products and Services. For example, we may use your personal data to:
- provide you with the content, features, products and services that you request;
- establish and maintain your account on the Platform;
- verify your identity or determine your eligibility for offers and promotions;
- to manage your Platform rewards program;
- to administer contests, promotions, and sweepstakes;
- process your transactions, including purchasing products;
- communicate with you about the Platform (including by responding to your inquiries, sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages);
- personalize your experience on the Platform; and
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal data.
- For Research and Development. We use personal data for research and development purposes, including to extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze the usage data, analytics, statistics, and other information and preferences of our users to make our Platform and other offerings better, and to develop new features, services, products, and functionality. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal data we collect. We make personal data into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
For Marketing and Advertising. We, our business partners and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal data for direct marketing and interest-based advertising purposes.
- Direct Marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications related to our products and services and promotional material from our business partners as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
Compliance and Protection. We may use your personal data to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- >maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and services, business, databases, and other technology assets;
- protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Platform; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- With Your Consent. In some cases we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal data, such as when required by law.
- To Provide our Products and Services. For example, we may use your personal data to:
Sharing of Personal Data.
- Business Transferees. If we sell all or part of our business; make a sale or transfer of assets; or are otherwise involved in a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in the business (including any affiliate), whether as an ongoing concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, we may transfer your personal data to third parties as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- Authorities and Others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with law or for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
- Service Providers. Companies and individuals that perform services on our behalf or help us operate the Platform or our business. Among other things service providers may help us perform website hosting, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, billing, payment processing, fraud protection, customer service, or marketing.
- Advertising Partners. Third party advertising companies that we partner with for advertising campaigns or that collect information about your activity on the Platform and other online services to help us advertise our Services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- Other Users of the Services and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal data to other users of the Platform or the public. For instance, you may be able to submit content to the Platform (such as comments, questions, stories, reviews, surveys, blogs, photos, and videos), and we will identify you by displaying information such as your name, username, social media handle, or a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal data that you make available to other users or the public.
- Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal data to our professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
You can make the following choices with respect to your personal data.
- Access or Update Your Personal Data. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into your account.
- Opt-out of Email Marketing Communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, adjusting your email preferences in your account, or by emailing us. You may continue to receive Platform-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Opt-out of Text Messages. We may offer communications via text messages, such as when we send you text messages to confirm and notify you about the status of an order you place with us, to remind you about items you have placed in your shopping cart (i.e., cart abandonment messages), or for any customer service, account-related, or marketing purpose. To stop receiving text messages from us, reply STOP to any text message you receive from us, or email us your request and mobile telephone number. Note that we may send you a message to confirm receipt of your STOP request.
- Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Platform and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patterns on the Site. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
Advertising Choices. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies’ information collection practices, and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and/or the DAA’s website at https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN. You can also limit collection of your information for interest-based ads by blocking third party cookies in your browser settings or using privacy plug-ins or ad blocking software that help you block third party cookies. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Some of the third party advertising companies we work with offer their own opt-out options that you can use to limit their use of your information for interest-based advertising, such as Google (info and opt-out) and Facebook (info and opt-out). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. The Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Declining to Provide Information. We may need to collect personal data to provide certain aspects of the Platform. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those aspects of the Platform.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal data from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
Other Sites And Services.
The Platform may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal data. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
International Transfers of Personal Data.
We are based in the United States of America, and we have service providers in the United States and potentially other countries. Your personal data may be collected, used, stored, and transferred in these countries or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal data may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal data, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein.
The Platform is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13.
Notice to California Residents.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with us are entitled to ask us once a year for information regarding the personal data we have shared, if any, with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to submit such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” above and include the words “Shine the Light” in your correspondence. The request must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code and an attestation that you are a California resident. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Nevada Residents.
Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the “sale” of certain types of personal data. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal data for monetary consideration to another person. If you are a Nevada resident who wishes to exercise your “sale” opt-out rights, you may submit a request to us using the contact information listed below.
Square Foods, LLC
21 Orinda Way, Ste C #190
Orinda, CA 94563.