Square Baby Joins Clean Label Project's "Baby Coalition"
Square Baby has joined the Clean Label Project's "Baby Coalition" as Founding Members
The Clean Label Project, a non-profit with the mission to bring truth and transparency to food and consumer product labeling, has banded together with over 30 global CEOs from top baby, child, and maternal health brands to announce the debut of the Clean Label Project Association: Baby Coalition.
The mission of this coalition is to educate consumers, retailers, fellow brands, and the medical and regulatory communities on the risks of environmental and industrial contaminant exposure to infants and babies.
The Baby Coalition's overall goal is also to advocate for positions on progressive legislative and policy issues related to industrial and environmental contaminants and other chemicals of concern and their harmful impact on infant, child, and maternal health.
“We are so proud to join Clean Label Project’s “Baby Coalition” as founding members. As a science-based company that prides ourselves in transparency and always seeking the highest-quality, safest ingredients, we are thrilled about the opportunity to advocate for change in labeling policies and FDA requirements for contaminant protocols -- and help set guidelines for quality and label transparency."
- Katie Thomson, MS, RDN and Kendall Glynn, MS, CGC, Cofounders
1. Why was the Baby Coalition created?
To address the growing need for education and advocacy given the evolving food and consumer product safety landscape when it comes to products marketed towards vulnerable populations.
2. What is the mission of the Clean Label Project Association: Baby Coalition?
Our mission is to educate consumers, retailers, fellow brands, and the medical and regulatory communities on the risks of environmental and industrial contaminant and chemicals of concern exposure to infants, children, mothers, and mothers-to-be.
We are dedicated to advocating for positions on progressive legislative and policy issues, raising awareness of the risks associated with contaminants and other chemicals of concern, and working across the supply chain to better food and consumer products marketed towards vulnerable populations. The Baby Coalition represents over 30 infant, child, and maternal health brands and suppliers on 5 continents, collectively feeding and nurturing over 20 million children and families globally.
3. What are some things the coalition is focused on?
- The Baby Coalition has drafted and signed a poignant letter in support of the FDA Draft Guidance to Industry: Action Levels for Lead in Food Intended for Babies and Young Children.
- The Baby Coalition is urging the FDA to utilize this group's collective experience on product sourcing, testing, safety, and heavy metal limit regulations to enforce stricter heavy metal contaminant limits in packaged foods for babies and young children.
- The Baby Coalition aims to implement change in labeling policies in baby and toddler foods, change the current FDA requirements for contaminant protocols, set guidelines for quality and label transparency, and increase consumer awareness.
4. As a consumer or parent, how can I help?
Great question! As a consumer or parent, your continued support of infant, child, and maternal health brands such as Square Baby helps implement the change needed to upend the baby food industry.
Here are a few other ways to help:
- Follow on Social Media
- Share with a Parent / Friend
The food and consumer product safety landscape is ever evolving. Send this article to a friend and stay informed!
- Support Brands of the Baby Coalition
Brands including Square Baby are working closely with the Clean Label Project to provide the highest-quality and safest ingredients for our babies and young children.
As a science-based company that prides ourselves in transparency, we've tested our most "at-risk" meals for over 400+ contaminants. As a result, we've earned the ultimate standard of certification, the "Purity Award" from the Clean Label Project. We will continue to test more meals in the coming months.
Read more about their methodology here.
Don't hesitate to reach out with questions. We're always here to help.
~ Katie and Kendall, cofounders
Miss a Beat
Drop your email for exclusive content & access to special deals